Beat the Competition and Win More Clients with Web Accessibility
Accessibility on a website refers to designing and developing the site in a way that ensures people with disabilities can perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with the content effectively.
Think of it like ADA requirements for your physical storefront, but for your online home (aka your website).
Here are some key reasons why clients should consider making their websites accessible:
1. Inclusivity: An accessible website allows equal access to information and services for all individuals, regardless of their abilities. By making your website inclusive, you create a more welcoming and equitable online environment, ensuring that everyone, including people with disabilities, can fully participate and engage with your content.
2. ADA Compliance: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) mandates that certain businesses and organizations make their websites accessible to people with disabilities. By prioritizing accessibility, clients can avoid potential legal issues and demonstrate their commitment to compliance with accessibility laws and regulations. Watch the video below to learn more…
3. Tax Credits: The U.S. government has chosen to promote and support businesses that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). By making your website accessible, your business can be eligible for up to $5,000 in tax credits
4. Increased Traffic & SEO: Accessible websites enjoy increased traffic, reduced bounce rates, improved SEO rankings, and better conversion rates. An accessible website means that you’re making it easier for people to find your website.
5. Brand Reputation and Social Responsibility: Prioritizing accessibility sends a strong message about your organization’s values, commitment to inclusivity, and corporate social responsibility. It enhances your brand reputation by demonstrating that you prioritize the needs of all users, regardless of their abilities. This can positively influence how your organization is perceived by customers, stakeholders, and the wider community.
How do I make my website Accessible?
You can easily make your website accessible with the accessiBe accessWidget. Automation allows accessWidget to significantly cut the costs of becoming compliant and makes web accessibility accessible.
Click the small button in the lower left-hand corner of this site to open the accessWidget. Play around with toggling on the different options to see how they affect the design and layout of the site, depending on the accessibility profile.
Benefits of using accessiBe:
Check out the link below to learn more…